My 2012 was a mixture of bliss, sadness and excitement. Of course, there are inevitable hurdles along the way but through God’s grace, I am able to get through it. Looking back in the year 2012, there’s a lot to be thankful for, memories shared with family and friends, new experiences, lessons learned, discovered new restaurants and food, watched movies, visited new places, met new people and etc.
Let me share my 2012 with you through this photoblog.
- Welcomed 2012 in Baywalk, Puerto Princesa with my family which is our first time.
- Took the IELTS exam and passed!
- Dinner out with my grandmother
- Movie: Enteng Ng Ina Mo with Jay and Chay at Shangri-La Plaza
- Restaurants: Pinkberry, Milky N’ Sunny, Moonleaf, Chatime and Mad Marks (all in Manila); Neva’s Place (Puerto Princesa)
- Moved into a new house
- Spent the Chinese New Year in Underground River with family
- Tried the 1.3km zipline and skywalk in Irawan Eco-Adventure
- Itoy’s with Arianne (little did we know that we are distant relatives!)
- Restaurants: VietVille, ForestoBar (first time to try fishing and was able to catch 2!), Gerry’s Grill, Cibo and Congo Grille
- Series of meet-up with friends in Manila
- Summer vacation is over for me but glad that i’m a 3rd yr uni student!
- busy month for me at uni!
- new haircut
- Movies: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel w Aunt and Uncle at Reading Cinema and The Avengers w Sienna at AusFair
- Easter break!
- Visited Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary; First time to cuddle a koala and feed kangaroos!
- Beach Care Program at Kirra Beach; Met Osas from Nigeria
- 2-week Community Placement
- First time to witness an Aussie wedding 🙂
- Attended a Surf Group; First time to SURF! 🙂
- BIRTH MONTH! ❤
- Mother’s Day!
- 2-week placement in the hospital
- Made my very first Red Velvet Cake
- Restaurants: Nando’s and Black Coffee Lyrics
- Purchased a ticket for Coldplay’s concert in November
- Birthday gift: iPad
- Went to Seaworld w Shan
- Movie: Men in Black 3 w Aunt
- 1st sem done!
- Went to Explore Brissy with Sienna; Visited QLD Gallery of Modern Art
- Restaurants: AJ Vietnamese Noodle House and Chatime (Brisbane); Coffee Club (Surfers Paradise)
- Surfers Paradise Festival; Rode the Magic Bus and saw a beach concert
- Movie: Ice Age 4: Continental (alone) Drift
- Went to Movieworld w Shan
- Dad’s birth month!
- Calingo-Lugod nuptial; talked with the bride and the other girls via Skype
- 1-month placement in the hospital
- Movies: The Amazing Spiderman w Aunt at AusFair, The Dark Knight Rises w Sienna at AusFair and Magic Mike w Ernie, Aunt Vicky and Unclr Greg at RC
- Restaurants: Made in Eataly, Koreana BBQ Restaurant, Sushi Avenue, Spinners and Hot Rock
- My best bud came over from SYD!
- Visited Skypoint Observation Deck (night time), Infinity, Dreamworld (tried the BIG 7 Thrill Rides) and Seaworld (tried Sky Climb)
- Watched Jabbawockeez perform in Jupiters Hotel and Casino
- Brisbane adventure: Max Brenner, XXXX Ale House Brewery Tour, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Brissy’s CBD, Old Parliament House, Mt. Coot-tha Lookout (saw Venus, the moon and other constellations) and Fortitude Valley
- Island Adventure at McLaren’s Landing: tried Sand Tobogganing and parasailing
- Met NFFs 🙂
- Visited Movieworld, Wet N’ Wild Theme Park, Skypoint Observation Deck (daytime), Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- Restaurants: Yamasakura, Cold Rock and Legends Chinese Restaurant
- Experienced Thai Massage here in GC
- End of my best bud’s vacay in GC 😦
- GU Open Day
- Start of 1 month placement in the hospital
- Movie: Step Up 4 w Ernie at PacFair and The Bourne Legacy w Aunt and Uncle at RC
- Mom’s birth month
- Beach Care Program at Currumbin Beach
- Finished my clinical placement!
- Attended the Philippine Flood Relief Benefit Concert
- Booked my ticket bound to MNL 🙂
- Lunch out with friends at Yama Sakura
- Dad was hospitalized. 😦
- 1st week of this month got very busy because of all the docus needed; stressful because of assignments too.
- Car mishap
- LAST DAY AT UNI; submitted all my assignments.
- Flight from BNE to SYD (first time in NSW haha!)
- Flight from SYD to MNL (Back in MNL after 8 months!)
- Donna, Chay and Jay fetched me at the airport
- Restaurants: Charlie’s Grind and Grill, Poco Deli, Lamesa Grill, Slice, Gong Cha, Happy Lemon, CBTL, Cafe Breton, Four Fingers, Banchetto, Jamba Juice, J.Co doughnuts, Sbarro, Pepper Lunch, Chicken Charlie, Tapsi ni Vivian, Estrel’s and Fog City Creamery (Manila); Cafe Ole, Balinsasayaw, Kinabuch’s and Frotea (Puerto Princesa)
- Movies: Moonrise Kingdom, Madagascar 3 and Brave (Qantas airplane); Taken 2 w Stephen at Trinoma, The Perks of Being A Wallflower w Mimi at Trinoma andThis Guy’s In Love With U Mare w Chay, Donna and Jay at Powerplant
- Bought a new phone!
- Flight from MNL to PPS
- Visited: Robinsons Place Palawan (finally!), Supersale Bazaar, SM Mall of Asia, Robinsons Magnolia and UST
- Went back to MNL and stayed there for only 28 hours.
- Thai massage with Chay and Donna
- Met one of my fave travel bloggers, Sir Ivan Henares in PPC
- Bonding moment with my kid cuzzos at Tom’s World
- Movies: Skyfall w Rahl and Rein at Rob-Palawan, Wreck-It-Ralph w Ben and RJ at Rob-Palawan, Breaking Dawn Part 2 w Ross at Rob-Palawan and D’Kilabots w Mum and Dad at Rob-Palawan
- Restaurants: Chowking, Jollibee, Haim Chicken Inato, Antsarap, Pho Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant, Pancake House, Mrs. B Bakery, Teriyaki Boy, Max’s, Heavenly Desserts and Ka Inato (Puerto Princesa); Maruyog’s Ridge Cafe and Resto (Brooke’s Point); SeaSlug Resto (El Nido), Iceberg (Manila)
- Visited: Plaza Cuartel, Immaculate Concepcion Church, Honda Bay (Snorkeling at Pambato Reef and Lu-Li Island)
- Roadtrip to Brooke’s Point to attend Palawan’s Palarong Panlalawigan and stayed there for 3 days.
- Replaced a flat tire
- Went to El Nido ❤ *my happy place*
- Flight from PPS to MNL 😦
- Maria Ruth’s birthmonth!
- Meet-ups with my loves ❤
- Restaurants: Starbucks, Army Navy, Cello’s Doughnuts, Manang’s Chicken, Italianni’s, Conti’s, Gelatissimo, Gerry’s Grill, Tokyo Tokyo, Hainanese Delights and McDonald’s (Manila); Breadtop, Top One Restaurant, KFC and Vapiano (GC)
- Flight from MNL to BNE 😦
- Dacillo-Aban Nuptial *one of my fave couples*
- Graduation Day; Got my registration (i’m an RN here already!)
- My first summer Christmas!
- Experienced Boxing Day!
- Visited: Movieworld’s White Christmas and Wet N’ Wild Theme Park w Joyce and co.
- Lola got hospitalized 😦
- Met NFFs
- Movies: Premium Rush and Hope Springs (Qantas airplane); Les Miserables w Aunt
THANK YOU, GOD FOR ALL THESE BLESSINGS. Thank you 2012, we have indeed shared a lot together! 🙂